This class page will provide all the resources you will need to enable your child to continue to develop their learning. Each week I will put on here a daily Phonics, Maths, Reading and Literacy piece of work for your child to complete. We would also like the children to have the opportunity to complete an RE (Religious Education) and Topic piece of work, once a week.
Children have also been provided with home learning/resource packs, so your child will have plenty of opportunities to extend their learning whilst not at school.
As your child's teacher, I am available to contact via email. I am happy to respond to questions or concerns you may have. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
It would also be lovely to hear from the children, so they can tell me what they have been doing.
Thank you for your continued support.
Take Care x
To all the Reception Children
Today is your last day in Reception. It has been lovely working with you in school and I have enjoyed creating online lessons for you.
Have a lovely summer and see you when you return in September as Year 1s.
Mrs Heyes and Mrs Mapplebeck
The last week of term!
Today marks 115 days since we were last together at St Joseph's.
Hope you are still all enjoying the Home Learning work that has been set for you each week. You have all worked so hard and you should be very proud of all you have achieved this year.
Have a wonderful summer holiday and I look forward to seeing you all again in September, as Year 1s.
Mrs Mapplebeck and I wish you all the best as you move up to Year 1. We're going to miss you, but remember we are only next door and we'd love to have a chat with you when we return in September.
This final week of phonics sees us cover the last few sounds again, plus some extra recap pictures.
Normally we would have spent a few weeks getting ready to go into Year 1. We would also have had a visit to see your new classroom - however this year we are unable to do that. Lucky for you, Year 1 is just next door to Reception and you will be in the same cloakroom and toilet area. This week I would like you to have a go at some of these transition activities that we are going to do in class. It would be lovely if you could send them to me and I can pass them onto your new teacher.
If you are looking for a few extra activities to keep your little ones occupied over the holidays, I've found a few activity books. These are just for fun so there is no need to do them if your child doesn't want to.
This week our story is 'The Three Little Pigs'.
As an extra to our topic work this week, the children in school have asked to look at bubbles. We will be using bubble mixture and hula hoops to see if we can make giant bubbles.
Have a great week.
This week we are looking at the story of 'The Three Little Pigs'.
- Daily Literacy - Monday 6th July.docx
- Daily Literacy - Tuesday 7th July.docx
- Daily Literacy - Wednesday 8th July.docx
- Daily Literacy - Thursday 9th July.docx
- Daily Literacy - Friday 10th July.docx
This week we are looking at numbers 19 and 20.
- Daily Maths Lesson- Monday 6th July.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Tuesday 7th July.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Wednesday 8th July.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Thursday and Friday 9th & 10th July.docx
- t-n-2546648-all-about-number-20-powerpoint-english_ver_1 (1).ppt
This week our RE lesson looks at the different people who look after the Church.
This week our topic lesson is linked to 'The Three Little Pigs'.
Hi everybody. Hope you are all ok and enjoyed the lovely weather we had last week.
This week in Literacy we are looking at the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk'.
In Maths we start the week by looking at the number 18 followed by recapping height and length.
Have a lovely week.
We continue recapping phase 3 phonemes and tricky words. Please continue to use Phonics Play and Oxford Owls websites.
This week we are looking at the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk'.
- Daily Literacy - Monday 29th June.docx
- Daily Literacy - Tuesday 30th June.docx
- Daily Literacy - Wednesday 1st July.docx
- Daily Literacy - Thursday 2nd July.docx
- Daily Literacy - Friday 3rd July.docx
This week we are looking at the number 18. On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday we will be revisiting height and length
- Daily Literacy - Monday 29th June.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Tuesday 30th July.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Wednesday 1st July.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Thursday 2nd July.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Friday 3rd July.docx
- t-n-2546633a-all-about-number-18-powerpoint-straight-1-4-9 (1).pps
This week our topic work is linked to the story 'Jack and the Beanstalk'
Hope you are all well and have had a good week. I'm looking forward to the nice weather we should be having this week.
This week we are looking at the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
(Do you remember the tent we had in class where we set up a picnic for the Three Bears?)
This week our story is Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- Daily Literacy - Monday 22nd June.docx
- Daily Literacy - Tuesday 23rd June.docx
- Daily Literacy - Wednesday 24th June.docx
- Daily Literacy - Thursday 25th June.docx
- Daily Literacy - Friday 26th June.docx
- T-T-522-Goldilocks-Letter-to-the-Three-Bears-Lined (1).pdf
This week we are looking ta the number 17 and how to share.
- Daily Maths Lesson- Monday 22nd June.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Tuesday 23rd June.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Wednesday 24th June.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Thursday 25th June.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Friday 26th June.docx
- My Number 17 workbooklet.pdf
This week we continue our work on the Church by looking at the special buildings. If you google 'St Joseph's Hunslet Church', you will see pictures for two churches. One church was where the garages are now and one church used to be on the school field.
This week our topic work is for Goldilocks and The Three Bears. We are going to be doing the Gummy Bear Science experiment in class over the fours days, so I have included the recording sheet. On Monday we are going to set up the experiment with different liquids and write down on the lines what we have used. Then on Thursday we will take the bears out of the liquid and put it next to a new bear to see if it has changed. We are then going to draw pictures in the boxes to show what has happened. I will take photographs of what we are doing in class so you can compare. Have fun!
Leeds music hub have joined forces with music groups across the country to organise "The Virtual Big Sing" this Friday at 2pm.
Using live streaming on YouTube, you will experience ‘Singing with the Stars’ - including artists Jessie J, Nicola Roberts and Camilla Kerslake. All of this hosted by the amazing Mark De Lisser and accessed from the comfort of your own home, or classroom!
You will need to register for the event and be sent an link on Friday morning to join the session in the afternoon. All the songs will be subtitled. There is no need to learn anything before the event-just turn up and sing your heart out!
Register here: https://www.norfolkmusichub.org.uk/site/vbs-2020/
Starting this week, the work set online will be the work I will be doing in class with those Reception Chidlren who are starting back to school on Monday.
As always, I will be thinking about you all this week. Have a good week and I look forward to seeing photographs of your lovely work.
Our story this week is 'Little Red Riding Hood'.
Please continue to use the Phase 2 and 3 phonemes powerpoint from last week. This phonics work also contains sentences to read each day. If you would like you child to read other books/comics please see www.oxfordowls.co.uk or www.phonicsplaycomics.co.uk Thank you
This week we will be looking at the story of Little Red Riding Hood. We are going to be looking at the characters of Little Red Riding Hood and the wolf.
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Monday 15th June.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Tuesday 16th June.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Wednesday 17th June.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Thursday 18th June.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Friday 19th June.docx
- Shopping List template
This week we are looking at the number 16 and halving.
- Daily Maths Lesson- Monday 15th June.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Tuesday 16th June.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Wednesday 17th June.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Thursday 18th June.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Friday 19th June.docx
- t_n_2546972_halving_fruits_for_parrots_powerpoint_english_ver_2 (1).pptx
- t-n-7554-what-is-half-a-halving-shapes-powerpoint-english_ver_1 (1).pptx
This week we are starting our new topic - The Church.
Welcome to Summer Term 2.
I hope you all had a lovely half term holiday and have been enjoying the lovely weather. It's got a bit cold and rainy recently, but fingers crossed the nice weather will come back soon.
For this half term I have linked our Literacy and Topic lessons. Our topic theme is
'Once Upon a Time'
Each week we will be looking at different tradtional tales in Literacy and carrying out tasks linked to the story in Topic
This week our traditonal tale is "The Gingerbread Man".
Over the next few weeks we are going to revisit all phase 3 phonemes to ensure you know them all, know words that contain the phoneme and can use the phonemes confidently when reading and writing. All of the sheets this week contain a worksheet however you DO NOT need to print them out. Your child can write the letters and words out onto a piece of lined or plain paper.
Our new topic is "Once Upon a Time" and this week we are looking at the traditional tale "The Gingerbread Man".
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Monday 8th June.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Tuesday 9th June.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Wednesday 10th June.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Thursday 11th June.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Friday 12th June.docx
- Gingerbread man sequencing pictures.pdf
In Maths this week we are looking at the number 15 before going onto looking at doubles.
- Daily Maths Lesson- Monday 8th June.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Tuesday 9th June.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Wednesday 10th June.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Thursday 11th June.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Friday 12th June.docx
- Doubles Magicians Challenge Cards.pdf
I've got two task this week for The Gingerbread Man - one is a science/Technology based one and the other is a cookery task. I wonder what that could be? :-)
Weeks beginning Monday 25th May & Monday 1st June 2020
Wow! A whole half term of home learning has gone by. I hope you enjoyed going on lots of different adventures with the stories we read.
Now there are no lessons set for over the holidays but I have put together some fun activities that you might like to try.
Just like the last holiday I have made a bingo grid with sports and craft activities.
I've also added on some extra sheets with some more ideas.
Have a lovely half term holiday.
Remember to send me some pictures so I can put them onto our home learning gallery.
Take care and hope to see you soon.
Here you will find the Holiday bingo grid, the jumping PowerPoint, mindfulness colouring and some extra activity sheets.
- Holiday sports and activity bingo card.docx
- We Love Jumping Song.pptx
This week we are continuing our space adventures however some aliens have other ideas... they want ot visit US!
This week we're going to have change from reading books with Oxford Owls. THis week I would like you to have a look at the phase 2 and Phase 3 phonics comics on https://phonicsplaycomics.co.uk/ . They are not very long (2 sides of paper) but will consolidate the phase 2 and 3 phonemes we have been learning.
This week are are looking at the book "Here come the aliens" by Colin McNaughton. I've also added in some role play masks if you want to pretend to be aliens.
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Monday 18th May.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Tuesday 19th May.docx
- Tuesday 19th May - label the alien.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Wednesday 20th May.docx
- Wednesday 20th May - sentence writing.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Thursday 21st May.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Friday 22nd May.docx
- Friday 22nd May - own alien sentence writing.docx
This week we are looking at the number 14 and taking away.
This week I would like you to look at our RE lesson on Thursday as this is the Feast of the Ascension.
Our topic this week continues our journey into space.
For the next two weeks our adventures take us into space.
This week our work is based around the book "Whatever Next" by Jill Murphy.
- Phonics Lesson - Monday 11th May.docx
- Phonics Lesson - Tuesday 12th May.docx
- Phonics Lesson - Wednesday 13th May.docx
- Phonics Lesson - Thursday 14th May.docx
- Phonics Lesson - Friday 15th May .docx
This week the reading books are Peck, Peck and A bag of tricks. I've also included a guide for parents who are not sure where to find the books.
For the next two weeks our adventures take us to space. This week, our story is "Whatever Next" by Jill Murphy.
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Monday 11th May.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Tuesday 12th May .docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Wednesday 13th May.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Thursday 14th May.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Friday 15th May.docx
We are starting this week by looking at number 13. We are then moving on to looking at 'adding on'.
- Daily Maths Lesson- Monday 11th May.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Tuesday 12th May.docx
- t-n-2546617-all-about-number-13-powerpoint-english_ver_7 (1).pps
- Daily Maths Lesson- Wednesday 13th May.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Thursday 14th May.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Friday 15th May.docx
This week our topic takes you on the first part of our journey into space.
This week explorers we are going into the jungle.
This weeks books are - Peg it up and Quiz. I've also included a reading prompt sheet to ask your child questions when you read other books.
Our adventure continues this week - and we're off to the jungle. The book we will be looking at this week is "Rumble in the Jungle'. What animal would you like to see in the jungle?
We are starting this week by looking at the number 12. We are then going to continue looking at patterns and repeating patterns.
Our topic work this week is linked to the book "Rumble in the Jungle". I've added an extra sheet of different ideas if you are looking for something to do over the long weekend.
This week our adventure takes us on a bear hunt and a lion hunt.
I hope you've got your binoculars ready :-)
These are the phonics lessons for this week.
Two new texts for you to try from www.oxfordowls.co.uk
Hello explorers. This week our two stories are 'We're going on a Bear Hunt' and "We're going on a Lion Hunt'.
This week we are looking at two different areas in Maths. First we are looking at number 11 and then we are looking at repeating patterns.
- Daily Maths Lesson- Monday 27th April.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Tuesday 28th April.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Wednesday 29th April.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Thursday 30th April.docx
- Daily Maths Lesson- Friday 1st May.docx
- t-n-2546597-all-about-number-11-powerpoint-english_ver_3 (2).pps
Week 2 of our topic ' New life'.
This week we are looking at bears.
Today starts Summer Term 1 in Reception Class where we will start our new topic
'Let's go on an adventure'.
For each week, I have chosen a different story book with a different adventure. I have linked our topic work to our Literacy story, to really make it come to life.
This week we will begin with a recap of the phonemes looked at before the holidays, before learning a couple more. We will also have a day at the end of the week learning some new tricky words. Check out the tricky word videos mentioned at the top of each page. They are great and very catchy.
- Phonics Lesson - Monday .docx
- Phonics Lesson - Tuesday.docx
- Phonics Lesson - Wednesday.docx
- Phonics Lesson - Thursday.docx
- Phonics lesson - Friday - Tricky words - my & was.docx
- ar words with sound buttons.pdf
This week our two books are - Pink band:Sit, Cog Dog and Red band: Top Dog. You can find these text on www.oxfordowls.co.uk
AHOY THERE!!!!! This week adventurers, we are going to be Pirates. Our story this week is 'Ten Little Pirates' by Mike Brownlow and Simon Rickerty. We will be thinking about what pirate life is like and sailing the seven seas. Please send me photographs of your treasure maps and I will add them to the ones we have made here. *I have added lots of other lovely craft activities you might like to do with your child to enhance the theme of the week.
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Monday 20th April .docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Tuesday 21th April .docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Wednesday 22nd April .docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Thursday 24th and Friday 25th April .docx
- If I were a pirate writing frame.pdf
- Label a pirate ship .docx
- Ten little Pirates colour in.pdf
This week, we are continuing our work on the number 10. We will be recapping our number bonds - the two numbers that make 10, addition within 10 and begin to look at practical subtraction.
This week we start our new topic 'New Life'. We begin this week by taking another look at the events of Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
This week, as we are looking at Pirates, our topic work is to look at what creatures live in the sea.
Wishing you all a safe and Holy Easter.
As we remain indoors with our families, I have put together some activities for you to try.
How to celebrate Holy Week whilst remaining at home - A letter from Bishop Marcus.
This week you are going to look at some tricky words and learn the new phonemes of oa, oo and oo. I've also added lots of lovely activities from Twinkl which will help to consolidate your child's learning.
- Monday 6th April - Tricky words he, she, me.docx
- Tuesday 7th April - oa phoneme.docx
- Wednesday 8th April - oo phoneme.docx
- Thursday 9th April - oo phoneme.docx
- oa sound activity sheet.pdf
- oa cut and stick activity.pdf
Two new stories this week for you to read and respond to. See the website www.oxfordowls.co.uk. You will find the books in the pink and red bands.
This week our Literacy Lessons are based around the book "Oliver's Vegetables'.
This week we are continuing to look at number 10. We are taking a closer look at number bonds to 10.
As we are now in Holy Week, we are going to look at the events in Holy Week, starting with Palm Sunday all the way to the events on Easter Sunday. I wish you all a happy, Holy and safe Easter.
Parents - These are the phonics lessons we would have been covering in class. I have included all the words and activities you will need for each day. If you do not have a printer, you can follow them on screen or write them out for your child. There are a few activities for your child to complete and they need to have a go at completing the sentence writing on their own.
There is a great website called Oxford Owls - www.oxfordowls.co.uk . Here you will find a selection of books (some of which we have in school) for your child to read within thier bookband. it's really easy to sign up as a parent to access the free materials. Once signed up, please read the corresponding book form the book band your child is on in school. In Reception, all children are currently working within pink and red. Each week I will ask you to read either a pink or red book (or both if you really want to) and answer some questions about it. This week pink level is - Big, Bad, Bug This week red level is - Big Feet I would to see any photos or videos of your child reading. Please email them to me. Thanks
This week our story links to our topic of plants and animals. The story is Jasper's Beanstalk by Nick Butterworth and Mick Inkpen. Online versions of the story can be found on YouTube and I have included a powerpoint version I found on the internet. I've included some worksheets to go with different days. Don't worry if you don't have a printer, these can be done on any paper you may have. Another great website for free resources linked to the story is earlylearninghq.co.uk. For Friday the website Twinkl has some lovely resources for you to use as the website is free to use for parents during this time. Check out https://www.twinkl.co.uk/search?term=ladder+letters+cursive for help with this weeks letter.
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Monday.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Tuesday.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Wednesday.docx
- Jaspers Beanstalk writing task.docx
- Wednesday- What does Jasper see? Worksheet.docx
- Jaspers Beanstalk Colouring.pdf
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Thursday.docx
- Daily Literacy Lesson- Friday.docx
This week we are looking at number 10. As you know we have been following the Maths Mastery approach and have been looking at numbers slowly and in more depth. This week I would like you to introduce the number 10 using Numberblock number 10. The whole class LOVE numberblocks. (I can hear them singing the opening song as I write this). The childrne need to find ten in lots of different ways and make number ten into different shapes. The children are very familiary with this as we have done these activities for every other nummber. They will amaze you.
To know that we need to ask Jesus to help us to be kind to others. This week, I would like you to look at the story of The Feeding of the 5000. You can find a lovely video of the story on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uupg0V-17NU You might need to come back to this story/activity a couple of times in the week so they fully understand it and are able to answer the questions.
Our topic this half term has been 'Plants and Animals'. This week I would like you to have a look at plants. First I would like you to look at what a plant needs to grown. Then I would like you to label the differnet parts of a plant - petals, stem, roots, leaves.